Ivacy Review 2021
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are a vital component of any comprehensive privacy strategy. They conceal your online activity and are frequently used to safeguard customers from hackers on public networks. They’re a good way to disguise your IP address, and VPNs have grown in popularity as a means of accessing geo-blocked material like Netflix in restricted locations.
Ivacy VPN is a tiny fish in a vast ocean, but it’s an excellent value VPN, depending on the package you choose.
Does that mean this is the VPN for you?
This service’s high-quality performance, which is why it lasts so long monthly, doesn’t make up for the fact that it fails when it comes to security and privacy – two of the main reasons people use VPNs in the first place.
This VPN might be ideal for you if privacy and security aren’t as essential to you as they are to others, and you’re looking for excellent client service rather than geo-restricted content unblocking. If not, continue searching.
What's on This Page
What is Ivacy VPN?
Do you ever sit down at a coffee shop and wonder if someone on the same network can see what you’re doing? VPNs safeguard your information from prying eyes by encrypting it. Most VPNs are easy to use —just download an app on your phone or computer, go to a website, and select a connection type.
Once you’ve chosen a VPN, simply turn it on by opening the app on your device and clicking the Connect button. Your IP address, identity, and location are all hidden when your internet traffic goes through this tunnel.
The main difference between a virtual private network (VPN) and a virtual private network (VVPN) is that VPNs hide your IP address, whereas VVPNs do not. Virtual Private Networks are increasingly popular for hiding the IP addresses of their users from ISPs who have access to all online traffic data.
They can see when you connect, how you connect, and where you connect from, even if you’re using a personal browser. Using a VPN may assist conceal this information so that it’s only accessible by you.
Why use Ivacy VPN?
VPNs should be used on any device that allows you to browse the internet. While the original use case for VPNs was to protect users while working on public networks, many people today used VPNs for torrenting or accessing restricted content. Here are some more reasons to use a VPN:
- Protect your data from apps and services you use – some apps have access to your data; VPNs limit these apps from collecting your location and browser history
- Security for remote workers – If you have your own company, employees can use a VPN to connect to the office network and look at confidential documents while off site.
- Access to content anywhere in the world – if you’re on vacation and you need to watch Squid Games from a region that doesn’t offer it – you can do so with the click of a button.
Ivacy Pros and Cons
What are the limitations of Ivacy VPN?
While VPNs are a handy tool for your digital privacy toolkit, they do have limitations. Just like any computer program, VPNs can be attacked and infected with malware, if this happens the benefits that come along with having a VPN go out the window.
You also must be careful with cookies. If you enable cookies on websites, those websites can follow you while you’re on their site and after, regardless of the VPN.
If you’re using social media, those apps will still be able to relate your behavior to your account to show you personalized ads and content, a VPN will only protect the location you’re accessing the app from.
Our Rating Process
We tried Ivacy VPN and assessed it based on features, price, customer service, and user experience. We scored them each out of 5 points to help you make the best decision for your VPN needs.
Features – 3.5/5
Ivacy VPN has all the features you need from a VPN service.
- Split Tunneling: This is a great feature if you want to run part of your traffic through the VPN. It lets you pick which apps use the VPN and which ones don’t.
- Encryption: Ivacy VPN uses a military-grade encryption, the AES 256-bit cipher. Even if someone tried to tackle the 256-bit key it would take them a lifetime to get through it, making it very difficult for someone to intercept your traffic.
- Kill switch: The kill switch disconnects you if the VPN fails, preventing a data leak. The kill switch feature, however, does not work on Mac and iOS. So, if you’re on an Apple device, you might want to opt for another VPN.
- Location: Ivacy VPN is based in Singapore which is a Fourteen Eyes partner. Countries that are part of the Fourteen Eyes shares data and surveillance with each other and could include sensitive data. This is not the best jurisdiction to be in for a VPN provider.
- Logging Policy: Despite being based in Singapore, the company has a no logging policy, means that it doesn’t monitor or keep any of your data. However, they don’t regularly audit their security/privacy practices.
- Servers and locations: Ivacy VPN has 3500 servers in more than 100 locations.
Price – 4/5
Ivacy VPN’s pricing goes down the longer you subscribe, making the service very affordable. However, if you’re subscribing on a month-to-month basis, you’ll be forking out $9.95 per month. If you commit to a longer plan, you’ll get a better deal. For example, the 2-year plan costs $1.75/month, while the 5-year commitment is even cheaper.
If you’re having a hard time deciding if you want to make a long-term commitment to receive the savings, the service offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Customer Service – 4/5
This platform stood out when it came to customer support. While they don’t have phone agents, there is 24/7 live support – and the response time during our test was very good. Ivacy VPN also offers email support and allows you to submit a ticket.
The knowledge bank available is robust and full of step-by-step guides, video tutorials, and FAQs to help you troubleshoot common issues.
User Experience – 4/5
Ivacy VPN is user-friendly, and its apps are intuitive and easy to use. To connect, you select the server you’d like to connect to and you’re able to see the location and connection time on your dashboard. Setting an account up is fast and easy and the app is easy, even for beginners!
Price per month
Smart Connect Feature
Internet Kill Switch
10 Devices Simultaneous Logins
Technical / Product Details
Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
24/7 live chat, email and tickets
3500 servers in over 100 locations
TCP, UDP, L2TP, IKEV
Frequently Asked Questions
To download Ivacy VPN on an Android TV, you’ll need to download Ivacy VPN from the Google Play Store. Run the app, and enjoy your favourite show!
For a month-to-month plan, Ivacy VPN costs $9.95 per month. The 1 year plan costs $2.50 per month. The 2 year plan costs $1.75/month.
Ivacy VPN unblocks Netflix US, but did not unlock Netflix from other regions in our tests.