Best Antivirus Software 2021
As digital transformation becomes the norm for every business, securely communicating and handling sensitive information online has become essential. Whether you’re looking for a simple antivirus program for you personal computer or for all the devices connected to your small businesses network, we’ve got you covered.
In this article we will review the most popular and best antivirus software available by looking at the different features, protection, compatibility and pricing offered by industry leading virus and malware protection.
What's on This Page
Not what you're looking for? Search below for the features, services, or problem you are trying to solve with software.
Top Antivirus Software Products
Bitdefender Total Security
The best value antivirus software currently available
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus offers industry leading virus and spyware protection. Bitdefender provides excellent virus protection, an extensive list of features and minimum impact on system performance. It also offers the best antivirus protection for free.
- $59.99 Reg on sale for $29.99
Norton Antivirus defends against viruses, spyware, and online threats.
Norton provides users with exceptional internet security through a variety of settings and features including parental controls and dark web monitoring. Not only can it provide safety for your personal computer, but it also works with Android and iOS devices to ensure you are protected on the go.
Norton Antivirus + Pricing:
- $19.99 for the first year, $59.99 after
- $5.99 / month
- Security for 1 PC or Mac
- PC Cloud Backup – 2 GB
- Virus Protection Promise
McAfee Total Protection
McAfee is a highly accurate security solution for computers and devices. Although a bit pricey without the promos, the ease-of-use, almost no false positive records, and money back guarantee makes it ideal for anybody who prioritizes cybersecurity over pricing.
- 10 devices/2 years: $34.99 ($90 off)
- 5 Devices/2 years: $29.99 ($75 off)
- 1 Device/2 years: $24.99 ($60 off)
- 1 Device/1 year: $29.99 ($50 off)
- 5 devices/2 years: 29.99 per year ($75 off)
- 10 devices/2 years: $34.99 per year ($90 off)
Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Total Security includes the basic antivirus protection offered in their other plans but with added functionality to use on devices like Smartphones or Tablets.
It also includes additional privacy tools and helps protect your online purchases via the Kaspersky Secure Connection VPN. The software is easy to setup and use, making it a breeze to get started. It also works well on Android and Apple devices via the Kaspersky Internet Security solution included.
- 1 year – 1 user account/3 devices : $53.99 (reg: $89.99)
- 2 year- 1 user account/3 devices : $107.98
- 3 year- 1 user account/3 devices : $161.98
- 1 year- 1 user account/5 devices : $59.99
- 2 year- 1 user account/5 devices : $119.98
- 3 year- 1 user account/5 devices : $179.98
- 1 year – 10 user account/10 devices : $89.99 (reg: $149.99)
- 2 year- 10 user account/10 devices : $179.98
- 3 year- 10 user account/10 devices : $269.98
Small Office Security
- $75.00 – $360.00 Depending on users and years.
Medium Office Security
- End Point Security Cloud: $300 – $5150 Depending on users and years.
- End Point Security Cloud +: $485 – $7750 Depending on users and years.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best antivirus software in 2021:
- Kaspersky Total Security 2021. Near-perfect malware detection score.
The best free antivirus software in 2021:
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free
Antivirus software is a program or set of programs that are designed to prevent, search for, detect, and remove software viruses, and other malicious software like worms, trojans, adware, and more.
Antivirus continuously scans your device for any threats that might be caused by browsing the web, downloading files, or receiving emails. The scanning process conducted by this form of software ensures that any online activity is free from malicious code that could result in identify theft, unintended access, and compromised information.
Antivirus software is constantly comparing your activity online to a massive database of known threat types connected to certain addresses and particular lines of code. When a threat is identified by an antivirus software it is immediately blocked and removed from your device. Typically, these threats are accompanied by some kind of warning to ensure the user is aware that files or web activity is potentially harmful to their device.
Other functions that antivirus software enables is manual scans, which allow users to identify and remove any malicious entities currently exposing their device.